Wednesday, May 8, 2013

How to make chocolate pudding out of Vanilla mix

Making vanilla pudding mix chocolate!

Ever want Chocolate pudding and only have vanilla mix?
Well, we did, and I had already promised my daughter she could help make a pudding pie which is just not as good with vanilla (in my opinion anyhow). So... We improvised with cocoa powder and powdered sugar. This was an experiment but hey, it was worth it and was a definite hit. The kids ate 2 pieces (sharing) after eating a big supper and for my kids who are not the biggest on sweets to begin with that was allot!

Here is what we did, simple and quick!
1 lg box vanilla instant pudding
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1tbsp powdered sugar
2 1/2c milk

Yep, that's all you need! Mix all the dry ingredients together really well and then mix as the directions on the box tell you too! Now, you may have a great scratch pudding recipe you like to use but for a quick "let the toddler help cook" I love instant pudding and jello it is quick and easy for them to do.

We poured into a chocolate graham cracker crust we made too, you can find the recipe HERE. 
If you prefer, I have also posted a recipe for an original graham cracker crust HERE.
Or, one of my favorites an Oreo/Graham crust, that recipe is HERE
Enjoy... I know a typical pudding pie has whipped cream on it but my daughter really wanted sprinkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment