Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Breakfast Time! Waffles.

Lately I've made allot of pancakes, they are easy to freeze and the kids love them, especially with the addition of cinnamon/sugar in the batter and sprinkled on during cooking, YUMM! and no syrup needed with that so its an easy no mess one for my toddlers. That being said, I wanted to make some waffles, my mother in law made them some at a sleepover they had at her house recently and they enjoyed it so I thought I would try some too. After a great hit, thought I would share.

Waffles:
2C Self Rising Flour
1/3C Sugar
1tbsp. Vanilla
1tsp. salt
3 eggs, separated
1 1/4C milk
1/4C Butter, melted

Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly (to avoid cooking the eggs when adding to batter) Add flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, egg yolks and milk together in a separate bowl and mix well until no lumps. Add butter in to the batter, mix well. Beat egg whites with electric mixer until meringue texture forms, fold in to the batter right before cooking. Now time to cook them... ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment